Let’s Go Shopping: Summer Whites
Clearly I have the color white on the brain this week. After name checking the neutral hue as the shade for guys to be seen in this summer, I went window shopping to help you get your warm weather wardrobe off on the….white foot. Ha! Oh god, I’m so sorry, I hate myself for it but I just can’t resist a good color pun.
How to wear white:
- Break it up. You don’t have to dive in with a three-piece white suit and bowler hat. Start slow. Try a pair of white jeans, or a white sport coat.
- Wear it like a neutral. In fact, just pretend it’s gray; it’ll feel less scary.
- Dress up accordingly. White is a color of leisure, but it doesn’t mean you should look too casual. Swap out your sneakers for loafers, your t-shirt for a gingham button-down.
- Go with brown accessories. Not black.
- Drink and eat safe. I’ve never had a taste for whiskey, bourbon, or any of the other brown boozes that are so de rigeur with my age group these days, and it serves me well when I’m wearing white. When wearing the shade, stick to light-colored liquids and maybe pass on the ketchup with your french fries. Because, really, why push your luck?
Jeans: Lucky Brand, $99
Chinos: Bonobos, $88
Sport coat: Hugo Boss, $275
Suit: Suit Supply, $399