25 Things You Don't Know About Me: Gabi Meyers
Former SG intern turned regular contributor gets personal
In the spirit of friendship, we want to make sure you’re on a first-name basis with every member of Team SG. After filling you in on 25 things you may not have known about Megan and Brit, we asked former intern and current contributor Gabi Meyers for the lowdown on what makes her tick. Get to know her better and don’t forget to say, “Hey!” in the comments below.
So, here are 25 things you don’t know about Gabi:
1. I’m left handed!
2. I was born without an appendix, or so I’ve assumed since they thought I had appendicitis and were not able to locate any appendix. #spooky
3. I won an eating contest. Back when I was a camp counselor, I ate a paint bucket full of weird food that shouldn’t have been mixed together, and faster and more voraciously than all of the other people eating the same thing. May be my proudest moment.
4. My senior year of college I worked as a delivery driver for my favorite sushi place.
5. I studied abroad twice – in college I went to Greece the spring of my sophomore year to study classic and ancient Mediterranean studies, and the spring after I graduated I went to London to study fashion at the Condé Nast College.
6. I went to Penn State and majored in Advertising and Spanish and minored in international studies and classic and ancient Mediterranean studies.
7. I love reading take out pizza menus. It’s as soothing as This American Life is to most other people.
8. My favorite machine at the gym is the stair master. All other cardio machines at the gym are a joke SORRY NOT SORRY.
9. I don’t really like sports, but I don’t mind running. I ran cross county in high school, and actually ran a half marathon about a year ago.
10. In 5th grade I wanted to be a meteorologist, and in middle school it changed to flight attendant after we took a career aptitude test. I was devastated when I realized I couldn’t be a flight attendant because I’m under 5’2”.
11. I have two older sisters and a brother, and the age range between us is 25 years. We also all have our own dogs, and they all are included in the family Christmas card.
12. I’m still searching for my signature haircut/scent/style and am confident that I will never settle.
13. My favorite TV shows are Daria and South Park, and, yes, I generally prefer cartoons to shows with real actors.
14. My favorite movies are Grease, The Graduate, Blue Lagoon, Wet Hot American Summer and Superbad.
15. My hanger is equatable to a Snickers commercial, for realsies.
16. I fall asleep with my computer on my lap on a regular basis. My ideal office would have a hospital bed instead of a desk because traditional desks make me too fidgety to focus.
17. In 4th grade I won a chipping contest at the golf camp at the local country club, even against the boys.
18. I was in an American Girl fashion show in first grade, and my runway look was pajamas.
19. I met Alice Cooper in the Paris airport when I was in 3rd grade, and didn’t understand why that was cool until much later.
21. I can only make breakfast food – I’m totally afraid of touching raw meat that isn’t eggs, bacon, pork roll, scrapple or sausage.
22. I’m a Sagittarius and in Chinese zodiac I was born in the Year of the Horse and I used to ride horses until I got hay fever or developed an allergy to hay, so I am kind of part horse.
23. I love vintage clothes and tchotchkes and my dream life would be going to flea markets every day and having endless space to hoard such things.
24. I still can’t paint my nails.
25. My favorite color is red.