Scarves are one of those accessories that guys think are more mysterious than they really are.
Sure, there are a million and one ways to tie the darn things, but my best advice to guys looking for guidance? Don’t overthink it. The best looks really are the ones that look like they only took a few seconds…and actually more than that, the ones that actually did!
I asked Intern Meghan to take you through a few ways to tie one on this season.
What’s so great about scarves, you ask? There are so many different types that look great with a jacket and they are perfect for chilly weather! Check out below these SG-approved scarves and four ways to wear them.
Shop the Scarves:
4. H&M, $13
How to wear them:
THE PARISIAN KNOT
- Fold the scarf lengthwise
- Drape it around your neck
- Insert the loose ends through the looped end and gently pull through
SG note: Everyone will think you’re an international playboy jetsetter once you’ve mastered this knot. Can be done with thick or thin knits
THE LOOSE-ONCE-AROUND KNOT
- Drape the scarf around your neck making sure one side is longer than the other
- Wrap the longer end around your neck – not too tight! – and let it hang
SG note: Great under a jacket or on its own
OVER THE SHOULDER TOSS
- Place the scarf around you neck making one side longer than the other
- Take the longer side and throw it over your shoulder so it is touching your back
SG note: This one looks more dashing than you’d think! Try it soon with a silk or wool scarf
THE SUIT JACKET TUCK
- Drape scarf around your neck
- Add jacket on top and button
SG note: A Classic! Don’t worry about the ends below the buttons, so long as they end around the bottom of the suit jacket. Get creative with a print like the polka dots above
BONUS: THE INFINITY SCARF
Pretty self-explanatory, right? I discovered infinity scarves a couple years back and have been totally obsessed ever since. Simply place the scarf over your neck and you’re good to go! (Loop it around twice if it’s long enough)
SG note: The infinity scarf is more of a chunky knit, so wait til it’s really cold and you can wear yours with a winter coat
How do you like to wear a scarf?
Like this post? Don’t miss another one! Subscribe via my RSS feed.