Style Hack: Ways to Wear #Menswear Trends from 2016 NYFWM
Add a little something extra to everyday attire
Men’s Fashion Week sits somewhere on the time continuum where it feels like it was simultaneously yesterday and two months ago. Although, truthfully that could be said about most of February. Lucky for us, we were still able to soak up some serious style trends – and while not all of them make sense for us regular folks (looking at you utilitarian jumpsuits), we did absorb a few that can amp up your every day wardrobe.
We’ve been throwing a lot love towards monochrome recently and its for good reason. You can work it in to your weekday or weekend wardrobe by layering in interesting textures and contrasting pieces – and we promise, it’s as easy as throwing on a handsome suit. Speaking of suiting…let’s talk texture and pattern for days. Sartorial trends are definitely giving way to more experimental colors and designs, so now is the time to mix it up with bold pops of color and contrasting patterns.
Our favorite trends from 2016 NYFWM:
monochrome, knits, and interesting silhouettes
Wear it well:
- Incorporating a neutral color and a little bit of pattern with a windowpane shirt keeps this look from appearing too vogue for everyday wear.
- If you’re planning to wear a more generously-cut piece of outerwear like this overcoat from H&M, make sure the rest of your outfit is slim-cut to give the outfit a modern look.
Pattern, topcoats, and pops of color
Wear it well:
- Incorporating different patterns is an easy way to give a suited look extra detail and show off your style muscle – don’t be afraid to mix patterns either. Look for ways to make classic patterns stand out against modern prints.
- Yellow is a great accent color when paired with black and gray, and can accent a specific piece of your ensemble.
- Dressing up chambray is an easy way to achieve a laid-back vibe that’s dapper enough for nearly any occasion.
HOW DO YOU FIND WAYS TO ADD EXTRA OOMPH TO EVERYDAY ATTIRE?
Never miss a moment from Team SG! Follow us on Instagram for weekend, work, and where ever travels take us.