Outfit of the Week: April 19, 2013
This week’s #OOTW goes to Franklin!
A Portland General Store Dopp Kit is coming your way!
Here’s what Franklin had to say about his look:
My reason for choosing this outfit is threefold.
First, the suit was a gift from my wife after getting promoted at work to a position i’d been after for 2 years (automatically making this my favorite suit).
Second, the outfit shows off my affinity to accessories, which I think can take a nice outfit up a few notches.
Third, it has the approval of my 8 year old tuxedo cat, Gatz…although I have a sneaking suspicion that he just wanted treats.
My favorite part of this look is how well Franklin coordinated all of his accessories. The tie, the lapel pin, plus the pocket square equals YES. My second favorite part is the chambray shirt, because would you look at that fabric? It never looks bad. My second and a half favorite part is how well the chambray looks with the grey oxfords, which happen to be my third favorite part. The suit is also amazing in fit and color. And the smile! And Gatz got my vote.
Here are the details, as told by Franklin:
- Navy single vent suit – Zara. A wonderful gift from the wife.
- Lapel pin – Zara. I love lapel pins – they’re so subtle yet are attention grabbers.
- Chambray shirt – Banana Republic. I like this shirt because I can dress it up or down. You’ll see me wearing it with jeans and chukka boots when i’m not at work.
- Tie – J.Crew
- Tie bar – J.Crew. You may not be able to see it in the picture, but the tie bar has a skull and crossbones in the middle. It adds a little fun to the outfit. Fun is always good!
- Pocket square – Bo Clothing
- Belt – Banana Republic
- Shoes – Cole Haan. I’m obsessed with brogues and my favorite color is gray…buying these was a no brainer.
- Watch – Timex for J.Crew
- Watch strap – J.Crew. I like the fact that J.Crew sells a ton of straps for the Timex watches in different colors and materials. I swap the straps out and it looks like I bought a new watch. I found this blue leather strap on the sale rack for $8…not too shabby!
- Cat – Gatz. No matter how hard I try, i’ll never look as good as him. He’s literally in a tuxedo 24/7.
Tell Us: What do you like most about Franklin’s look?
Remember…you can enter your favorite look for #OOTW by tweeting at @styleGF (don’t forget the hashtag!) or emailing a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a list of tips and tricks to capture your best self on camera, go here. And a big thanks to Portland General Store for this week’s giveaway. Check back Monday to see who’s got your well-dressed back next week.