Rhone has been churning out stylish, highly functional men’s activewear to outfit you head to toe (literally…their running socks are SO GOOD) since 2014. In fact, the brand’s wardrobe staples have probably already become an integral part of your WFH wardrobe. Well, good news! This week, we’re showing you a week’s worth of Rhone Commuter Pant outfits to wear for No Jeans January.
What are Rhone Commuter Pants made of?
Thanks to Flex-Knit fabric, a trademarked Japanese warp knit fabric with 4-way stretch and recovery, these pants won’t wear out in the wash, or feel saggy at the end of an active day. Meaning? They’re lightweight and breathable in a way your standard pair of chinos just…aren’t.
Another nice touch? You can get complimentary hemming when you purchase them online so they arrive in the perfect length for you.
How many styles are there?
A few, actually!
- Commuter Pant Skinny — As you can see in the image above, the Skinny style features a silhouette that leaves less to the imagination than other Commuter styles. If you like your pants on the tighter side, these are for you.
- Commuter Pant Slim — The “Goldilocks” Commuter…not as skinny as the Skinny, not as straight as the OG Commuter Pant.
- Commuter Pant — The “OG.” These performance pants with a streamlined leg feature Flex-Knit fabric for 4-way stretch, and (like the other styles) come in colors like black and khaki that are available all year long, and seasonal colors that change throughout the year.
- Commuter Jogger — The same Flex-Knit fabric and 4-way stretch as the OG Commuter Pant, with a tapered fit and zipper opening at the cuffed ankle
- Commuter Five Pocket — Think: the styling of a pair of jeans, with the fit and fabric of a performance pant. This version also comes in a Printed Commuter Five Pocket, which looks even more like “real” jeans
Oh! Also? There’s still more.
Namely, a Commuter Twill Pant, which looks like a classic chino pant but made with a flexible twill fabric and DWR (durable water repellant) protection from the elements.
Like I said, kind of a lot!
For this roundup, I used the original Commuter Pant in Rosin (a nice-looking olive green) for continuity.
But, feel free to mix any of the Commuter styles into the outfits below.
Below, check out 5 stylish Rhone Commuter Pants outfits:
SG Says: Technically called a “beach poncho,” the sun-dyed black pullover above is one of my favorite items on the Rhone website right now.
It’s one of those items that you can see becoming an instant MVP in your wardrobe thanks to its worn-in look—like something passed down..or stolen..from a cool older brother—with a modern fit that feels just right.
You could wear this hoodie with pretty much anything you own. Personally, I like the idea of layering it over a polo that peeks out of the collar, and vintage-looking sneakers.
Roll or cuff the pants for a little bare ankle action.
SG Says: Stripes on stripes! If you’ve ever worried that a turtleneck will make you look like stuffy, try throwing a leather jacket over it. I promise the vibe will be anything but.
Personally, I like the olive Commuter Pant for this look, but you could also pair it with black for a more monochromatic effect.
SG Says: This quilted pullover is another #SGapproved favorite from Rhone. Wear it with a collared shirt for the workday, or pull it on over your most broken-in tee on the weekends.
If the oatmeal color above isn’t your thing, it comes in navy, too!
SG Says: Rhone’s Commuter line doesn’t end with pants. This collared shirt is part of the tech fabric collection, too.
Expect the fit of a luxury dress shirt, with stretch, natural wrinkle release and 9-5 (and beyond, tbh) comfort.
SG Says: Don’t be afraid to experiment when it comes to footwear with your Rhone Commuter pant outfits. A pull-on boot like the Chelsea style above looks great in the winter months.
In warmer weather, swap the boots out for a driving shoe or moc that shows a little more ankle.
A performance fabric that easily rolls or cuffs can work well with them all.
Okay, your turn! Show us your Rhone Commuter pant outfits! Head to Instagram and be sure to tag @stylegf in your stylish selfies.
And finally, thank you for supporting brands like Rhone that help make Style Girlfriend possible!