Steal His Look: James Corden
The Late Late Show Host hones in on style
James Corden has a lot to say (and sing) both about pop culture and fashion – the mecca of entertainment for us at SG HQ. We loved his quote in Mr. Porter Journal,
“Yeah, I like fashion…I know it gets a bad rap, but trust me, there are d*ckheads in plumbing, too,”
which is hilarious, true, and definitely aligns with his consistent emphasis on the importance of well-fitting clothes that are tailored for your body type, making fashion fun instead of daunting. A concept we sit firmly behind.
Now that I’m back on track with a few hours of James Corden’s Carpool Karaoke “research” under my non-existent belt (I’m wearing leggings OKAY), venturing down the interweb rabbit hole to get a greater sense of his style was the next logical step. From red carpets to The Late Late Show promos, it’s undeniable that Corden has hit a sartorial stride with his unexpected suit styling, fully buttoned polos, and a royal blue power-color. This three-pronged combination paired with his thoughtful tailoring has sky-rocketed his style – and we’re big fans.
Channel James Corden in this bold look:
Wear it well:
- Take a page out of Corden’s book and pump up any look with a power-color like bright royal throughout your entire outfit.
- Keep it unexpected. Corduroy pants add an interesting texture to this outfit, and contrast well with the wool jacket and tie.
- Take your style to the streets with an oxford shoe that has a thick sneaker sole. This will give your look a casual, more sporty feel.
- Pattern on pattern makes an impact. An easy strategy: try something in monochrome with different scales that will stand out without clashing.
- Did we mention that matching undergarment and socks sets are a thing, and an extremely great thing? We love how you can switch it up between ankle or dress socks and still be perfectly matched. Talk about head-to-toe style.
WHAT’S YOUR POWER-COLOR?
Let’s be friends with (style) benefits. Sign up for SG’s weekly newsletter.