Time for an all-new episode of Undressed, guys!
Thanks for your patience as the podcast went on accidental hiatus. To make it up to you, we’ve got a real doozy today: Polly Rodriguez, founder and CEO of Unbound, and our first female guest! Unbound is a subscription service like Birchbox…but for sex toys. And yes, if you listen closely, you will actually be able to hear me blush through your headphones at more than a few points.
If reading the above makes you think, This episode isn’t for me, then this episode is definitely for you. As Polly puts it, “The more we can lean into that awkward, icky feeling of ‘This is embarrassing and I’m vulnerable and I hate it,’ the better off we all are.” And when it comes to discussing sexuality – your own, your partner’s, your parents.. – I feel confident that we all know that feeling she’s talking about.
Undressed, featuring Polly Rodriguez of Unbound:
Be on the lookout for these interview highlights:
- 2:45 – How Polly’s own awful adult product shopping experience kickstarted the idea for Unbound
- 4:15 – Why sex is so hard to talk about
- 4:45 – The ways Unbound is helping make taboo topics easier to discuss
- 6:50 – Why sexuality deserves to be included under the general health and wellness umbrella
- 8:20 – the term “sex-positive” and why it’s different for men and women
- 12:20 – Polly’s battle with colon cancer and how it informed her decision to found Unbound
- 19:20 – #PollyApproved or #NotThisDude
- 21:00 – Polly’s 80s-inspired “Million Bucks Moment”
Watch us play Would You Rather for sneak peak of our fun-filled episode:
Listen to the full episode below, and if you haven’t already…subscribe to Undressed on iTunes and leave us a review, which helps more folks find us (pretty please)!
HOW DO YOU KEEP AN OPEN CONVERSATION ABOUT TOUGHER TOPICS?
Want more Undressed? Catch up on past episodes here.