The good news is: when it comes to self care, the practice does not discriminate. Everyone could meditate more. Everyone could benefit from a sheet mask, or a weighted blanket, or a good bottle of wine. (Obviously the bad news is that we need to take time for so much self care at all right now..it’s like YEESH, y’know?!) If you’ve already loaded up on your own self care, it’s time to take a look at the best self care gifts for her in 2018. Check out our picks below and let us know in the comments what has you feeling calmer already.
Shop the best Self Care Gifts for Her
1. Wander gold foil eye mask, $25 for six pairs — If there were “It” eye masks, these would be them. Check any lady celeb’s Instagram story feed and she’s #nofilter showing off the signature golf foil under her eyes on a cross-country flight, or driving the kids to their insanely expensive but quiet about it private school dropoff.
2. Kitsch rose quartz roller, $28 — Outta the way, jade rollers. The new hot face tool that may or may not really do anything but will look fab on her bathroom sink is the rose quartz roller. Intended to help soothe tired and irritated skin, improve circulation, and massage in essential oils and facial products, this little doohickey will impress her just that you know what it is. (And that’s not nothing.)
3. Calm Weighted Blanket, $170 — A long time ago, so long I can’t find it, I talked about a weighted zip-up baby suit-thingy that was supposed to soothe anxious infants and help them go to sleep. “I WANT THAT!” I yelled to the universe. And so, some two to three years later, the universe has finally responded by making weighted blankets for adults a verified thing this year. Get one for the anxious insomniac in your life, and wait for the zzz’s to roll in.
4. Soludos slippers, $75 — It is an incontrovertible truth that everyone loves slippers. Look it up.
5. “Good and Mad: The Revolutionary Power of Women’s Anger,” by Rebecca Traister, $18 — Guys, be sure to borrow this book after she reads it, and read it, too. Seriously.
6. Nike Pegasus, $100 — As Elle Woods so eloquently put it, “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people don’t kill their husbands. They just don’t.” In other words? It’s in your best interest to make sure she’s getting in her fitness.
9. Lord Jones peppermint tincture, $60 — A breakout hit in our “Grown Man’s Office Supplies” roundup earlier this fall, Lord Jones was a surprise fan favorite among the Style Girlfriend audience. Your lady love can add this peppermint tincture to her routine for a calmer work day (Yes, she’ll get that deck to you by end of day, SUSAN JUST GET OFF HER BACK), or simply to unwind at the end of the day.
> See all our gift guides here