Check out Style Girlfriend team opportunities below:
At Style Girlfriend, we’re always looking for great people who are interested in helping guys live with more style and confidence, from a helpful, female perspective. Want to join a growing team improving men’s lives through inspiring, engaging content and best-in-class personalized service? You’re in the right place.
Right now, we’re looking to fill the positions below, but feel free to reach out to us if you’ve got #SGapproved skills you think we should definitely know about.
Online personal shopping from Style Girlfriend is a new and better option for guys who want help with their wardrobe. Because personal stylists are great but super-expensive, while services that advertise themselves as “free” leave guys paying more for clothes than they should AND they wind up looking like every other guy who uses the service. So much for personalized personal shopping.
Who We’re Looking For:
The ideal candidate has at least 1-2 years experience in men’s styling. This role is freelance with a flexible schedule that could include Skype calls with clients on nights and weekends.
- Review intake forms and ask smart, thoughtful questions in 1-on-1 virtual sessions to best discover client wardrobe needs.
- Using that information, select items available online for purchase and provide styling direction via a templated shopping plan document.
- Respond to client feedback about shopping plan over email and incorporate into any necessary updates to recommendations and styling suggestions.
- Engage with interest and warm curiosity to provide a positive experience with Team SG.
Interested? Email us with your resume and a few reasons why you’re perfect for this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOCIAL MEDIA EDITOR
Style Girlfriend serves as a digital handbook for the modern man, helping millennial (and, ok, millennial-adjacent) guys up their game across the board. We cover the men’s lifestyle landscape through a female lens, sharing with our audience the tips, tricks, and hard truths about how to be a man women want to be around.
We’re looking for a creative, talented, Instagram-loving superstar to help organically grow our social media following. This part-time position will be responsible for parlaying Style Girlfriend’s brand voice into content creation and engagement on the platform. The right candidate is results-driven, has an understanding of social media management, and is excited to contribute to this specific piece of our overall social media strategy.
Who We’re Looking For:
The ideal candidate has experience growing a social media following on Instagram and Pinterest (professionally or otherwise), with 1-2 years of related social media management experience, which could include internships or curricular activity. This role is freelance, with the potential to grow into a full-time, salaried position leading social media initiatives on all platforms. Compensation includes base pay commensurate with experience and a generous commission structure for hitting follower count and engagement targets.
- Manage Style Girlfriend’s Instagram account, scheduling and publishing daily posts. This includes relevant and appropriate sourced quotes, SG-provided imagery, and existing content for a feed that’s dynamic, engaging, and uniform.
- Manage Style Girlfriend’s Pinterest profile, scheduling and publishing new pins on a weekly basis.
- Interact with followers and potential audience to encourage conversations and increase brand awareness.
- Work closely with the management team to further evolve the Style Girlfriend voice, content diversity, and point of view on the platform.
- Test new content templates, formats, and series under the direction of management.
- Monitor and manage audience engagement, pulling analytics for weekly reports and making recommendations on how to optimize our strategy.
- Liaise with management to create and execute a monthly content calendar.
Does this sound up your alley? Shoot us an email with your resume and your IG handle and Pinterest page (or handles/pages you’ve run) to: email@example.com
BRAND PARTNERSHIPS DIRECTOR
Style Girlfriend is looking for an amazing sales and partnerships person to help grow new business opportunities for the company.
Who We’re Looking For:
The ideal candidate has experience working at an agency or media company, and brings with him or her an existing roster of relationships with brands and their agencies at a high level. Killer deck-making skills are a must, with the ability to concept strategically-minded, creative proposals a key to success in the role. While we hate the term “people person,” you should probably be one.
Your efforts will support two business pillars: 1) branded content opportunities for the publishing arm of the site, including visibility-broadening opportunities for Style Girlfriend founder Megan Collins, and 2) partnership opportunities for our on-demand messaging service. Past partners include Unilever, the NFL, Target, Amazon Fashion, Expedia, Visa, Men’s Health, Business Insider, and more.
This role is freelance, with the potential to grow into a full-time, salaried position. It’s also a new position for the company, and we’re looking for candidates who are comfortable helping to define where and how they can have the most impact. Compensation includes base pay commensurate with experience and a generous commission structure.
- Work with management to understand company goals and develop a Business Development roadmap and strategy
- Identify and establish strategic partnerships that generate revenue, drive traffic, and/or build brand awareness
- Structure, negotiate, and close deals
Are you perfect for this position? Shoot us an email with your resume and some #humblebragging in-line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re looking for a strategic, data-driven individual to lead our audience development efforts. You’ll be responsible for significantly growing our audience online, both on-site and across SG social platforms.
Through search engine optimization, content partnerships, social media messaging, and email marketing, you’ll play a key role in helping to develop and grow our traffic. Working hand-in-hand with the editorial team, you’ll cement Style Girlfriend as a can’t-miss destination for guys looking to outsource the hard work of living with style and confidence.
Who We’re Looking For:
The perfect candidate has experience in taking a content company to the next level in terms of audience and engagement. You’ll touch every aspect of our business, from editorial strategy to email marketing to social media.
The current role is part-time freelance, with the potential to grow into a full-time, salaried position. It’s also a new position for the company, and we’re looking for candidates who are comfortable helping to define where and how they can have the most impact. Compensation includes base pay commensurate with experience and an incentive structure for exceeding goals.
- Set and meet goals for growing Style Girlfriend’s following across all platforms
- Work with Editorial Team to define target audiences and align editorial strategies, distribution channels, and consumer segments for optimal traffic generation
- Help shape how Style Girlfriend frames, packages, and distributes content for optimal engagement and growth
- Identify syndication partners and help strike mutually beneficial partnerships
- Evangelize the Style Girlfriend brand through relationships with publishers, influencers, PR channels, and relevant social media platforms
- Share responsibility for social media strategy and execution
Are you perfect for this position? Shoot us an email with your resume to: email@example.com. In your email, include two headlines you’d suggest testing for a recent article while promoting the story on Facebook.
FALL 2019 DIGITAL INTERN
Style Girlfriend is looking for an intern for the Spring 2019 semester who wants to help men dress, date, and live with more style. Be a part of the popular daily lifestyle resource that lets guys around the globe in on practical and entertaining advice from a friendly, female perspective.
We’re searching for an intern who is as invested in helping others live with more style as they are in figuring it out for themselves. The tone of Style Girlfriend isn’t “I baked these scones myself” aspirational; it’s “Check out this deal I got at Target” accessible.
The ideal candidate is a creative machine who can’t help but seek out the latest in men’s style and grooming trends. We need hungry, fashion-loving team members, who can nail the design aesthetic of the site and help execute creative ideas both on the site and across social media. We’re a small team, and the right dedicated, hardworking person will have opportunities to participate in every area of the company and grow their role during their time with us.
Who We’re Looking For:
– an energetic and proactive student with a strong interest in fashion media
– available 10-15 hours per week, (1-2 days on-site if in NYC)
What You’ll Do:
– support our editorial needs with product curation and article scheduling in our content management system (CMS), WordPress
– ensure all content is SEO-friendly
– create strategic content for social media platforms including Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram
– additional responsibilities as available and qualified
Skills You’ll Need:
– Exceptional communication skills, in person and online
– Social media savvy
– A knowledge of a wide array of brands and an eye for trends
– Experience with and working understanding of CMS platforms
What You’ll Get:
– school credit
– valuable experience with the in’s and out’s of a daily style site
Along with your resume, email a short blurb on why you’re a good fit for Style Girlfriend to firstname.lastname@example.org (in the body of email, please), links to the relevant places you live online, and your available start date.
August 1, 2019