Undressed Episode 023: Bliss Lau, Jewelry Designer
It’s important to know the basics of jewelry shopping for your lady all year round, but especially at the holidays. If you and the missus are at a place where this kind of personal gift is on her wish list (written or implied), you’re going to want to know what the heck you’re doing. So if you don’t know an amethyst from an emerald, or – more important – an engagement ring from a pinkie ring, this podcast is for you.
I talked with jewelry designer Bliss Lau about how to shop for jewelry for your honey this holiday season (and beyond). We especially get into the nitty gritty on going custom for engagement rings – she’s very pro, and after talking with her, I am too – so if popping the question is around the corner for you, listen up.
Listen here (and check out the highlights below!) for Undressed featuring this week’s guest, Bliss Lau:
- 0:01 – Man on the Street
- 4:22 – Kicking off her career and designer her own engagement ring
- 6:25 – Why design and inspiration go hand-in-hand
- 9:50 – The custom ring design process
- 10:30 – Why guys shouldn’t stress about customizing jewelry
- 19:10 – The new diamond?
- 23:30 – Getting the most for your money
- 26:40 – Guy’s wedding bands; are they a must-have?
- 27:30 – Why Bliss is allergic to the halo design?
- 30:00 – Bliss’ Million Bucks Moment
LISTEN TO EPISODE 23 OF UNDRESSED FEATURING BLISS LAU
Don’t forget to subscribe in iTunes, Soundcloud, or Stitcher.
Today’s episode is sponsored by Aaptiv, the on-demand audio fitness app that combines the guidance of a trainer with the perfect playlist to give you a fresh way to work out. I use it and love it, and now you can too. Get a 30 day trial when you sign up for a monthly subscription at www.aaptiv.com. Just enter the promo code “stylegirlfriend” at checkout, and your first 30 days are on us. Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals.
(Interested in sponsoring Undressed? E-mail [email protected] for more info)
Image via Refinery29