Holiday Gift Guide: The Best Gifts Under $100 For Him
Kick your gift giving into high gear
For a few years now, my sister has executed a Secret Santa gift exchange among my family with the precision of a military exercise. It involves a frustratingly low-fi site called Elfster (huge white space in the market for a seamless secret santa solution for all you entrepreneurs out there), seemingly endless emails detailing each family member’s wish lists, and—ultimately—a pretty smooth Christmas morning where everyone gets exactly what they wanted…so long as what they wanted is $150 or less.
While it takes away most of the work of gift giving, it does take away some of the pleasure of choosing the perfect present for someone who never provided a “Here’s the link”-level of detail shopping list.
Whether you’re looking for ideas of what to give fathers, brothers, or best friends…or still need ideas on what to ask for, let Style Girlfriend do some of the heavy lifting. The best gifts under $100 for him, below.
// the best gifts under $100 for him //
1. Hill City hoodie, $98 — One of our new favorite brands of 2018. This hoodie is soft but structured, comfortable yet appropriate. Much like its wearer (we assume).
2. Uniqlo puffer, $70 —Part of Uniqlo’s patented “Ultra Light Down” family, this jacket is lightweight and hella warm. We like it in red for an extra shot of “I got this” on those stupidly cold days.
3. Givenchy ‘Gentleman’ Eau de Toilette, $91 —While we’re not huge fans of the word “gentleman” here at SG HQ (that’s a story for another day), we do love this Givenchy men’s fragrance. But remember: if you’re looking for a new scent, drop by the department store counter and take whiff to make sure you do, too, before putting it on your list.
4. Saturdays NYC beanie, $85 — Is $85 a lot for a beanie? Sure, but when it’s made from pima cotton and merino wool, it’s luxe enough to…well, put it on your wish list and hope someone ponies up for it.
5. Abercrombie & Fitch cardigan, $98 — Are you sick of us talking about cardigans and turtlenecks yet this cold weather season? Well, too bad. Because it’s cold well through March in NYC and so we’re not yet done stanning for them. This patterned number from The Fitch (a nickname I just made up, don’t worry, no one calls it that) is the brother of another cardi you loved earlier this fall, and I’m not talking about Cardi B.
6. Felix Gray blue light-blocking glasses, starting at $95 — I have been wearing a pair of these for awhile now during the day. To be honest, it feels a little like taking probiotics…you can’t really tell when they’re working, only when they don’t…but I get compliments on them constantly. Blocking out bad light and looking good while you do it? Sounds like a holiday miracle to me.
7. Tommy Hilfiger watch, $95— There’s just something about matte black that gets us every time.
8. J.Crew cardigan, $90 — This cardigan in merino wool might be more your speed if you’re looking for something a l’il less “Holiday cheer is heeeeeere!!!” than the A&F number. Oh, and if you loved the vest look we included in our Thanksgiving outfit roundup, this could stand in for a sleeveless number in the colder months.
WHAT’S YOUR BEST TRICK FOR GREAT GIFT GIVING?
> Follow Style Girlfriend on Twitter for more #SGapproved gift ideas