25 Things You Don't Know About Me: Taylor Davies
SG pal and contributor shares what makes her tick
In the spirit of friendship, we want to make sure you’re on a first-name basis with every member of Team SG. After filling you in on 25 things you may not have known about Megan, Brit, and Gabi, we asked contributor Taylor Davies to share a few fun facts, too. Get to know her better and don’t forget to say, “Hey!” in the comments below.
25 things to know about Team SG contributor, Taylor Davies:
1. My middle name is Evangeline, which makes my initials TED.
3. I’m related to president Zachary Taylor. He was the 12th president of the United States, elected in 1849, and died in office just 16 months later. It was the third-shortest term in history.
4. I’ve never been on a roller coaster. Don’t ask me to, please.
5. My celebrity crush is America’s sweetheart, Jimmy Fallon.
6. I’m a lefty.
7. My first job in New York was pouring wine on the ‘Sip & Sail’ cruises that take you around New York Harbor at sunset during the summer months.
8. I’m an only child, and like Brittany, my family is super small.
9. I ran cross country and track in high school, and was also on our bowling team for two seasons. Today, I am happily retired from most athletic and fitness-related pursuits.
10. Skiing. It’s my thing: Alpine, nordic and water—I love them all.
11. I’m a great shot. Last winter I went to Lake Placid and tried the biathlon, which consisted of really aggressive skate-skiing lessons followed by target practice in sub-zero temperatures while wearing goggles and gloves. I hit 8 of 10 targets.
12. Oh also, I really like to hike, bike and swim. So, basically if an activity is outdoors, unstructured and non-competitive, I’m in.
13. I consider riding a cruiser around for a few hours on flat terrain to be “biking.”14. If I’m not in New York, I’m often in Sun Valley, Idaho with my family, indulging in the aforementioned unstructured outdoor activities.
15. Portland, Maine is one of the coolest (and most delicious) places I’ve visited since moving out east. I’m dying to go back.
16. One of my favorite dishes in NYC is the spaghetti al limone from Supper in the East Village. (Also one of my favorite date spots, just FYI…)
17. I’ve been single through most of my 29 years on God’s green Earth, and just had my first “real” relationship (and heartbreak) this year. Love songs feel so much more #deep now. (Kidding! Kind of.)
18. Consequently, I have a lot of #opinions about dating. So many in fact that I created my own manifesto and a guide to just how a first date should go. But don’t worry, I’m not high-maintenance or anything…
19. Je parlais un petit peu de Francais, mais seulement après que je bois trop de vin rouge.
20. Megan and I both studied abroad in Aix-en-Provence in the south of France, but not at the same time (unfortunately)!
21. The last book I read was The Martian by Andy Weir, and I just saw the movie version starring Matt Damon this weekend. I highly recommend both.
22. Along with writing for Style Girlfriend, I also freelance for Teen Vogue, so if you have any fashion-related quandaries for the college-age women in your life, I’m definitely your girl.
23. I fall asleep to Frasier on Netflix almost every night. I find the highbrow opera jokes and all that talk of Sherry to be just as effective as a couple of Tylenol PM.
24. I don’t really like watching sports on TV, but I live for the Olympics.
25. I’m about to turn 30, and I’m thrilled, terrified, inspired, nostalgic and mostly just ready to be done being “almost 30.”
WHAT’S THE FIRST FACT YOU WOULD SHARE ABOUT YOURSELF WITH TEAM SG?