The Under $250 Gift Guide For Him
During uncertain times, it’s good to go back to the basics. That’s why this year, we went heavy on feel-good fashion in our annual gift guides, like this list of the best gifts under $250 for him (aka, you!).
All items featured on Style Girlfriend are independently selected by our team. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This holiday season, you’ll find stylish picks for men and women that will have you (and your loved ones) looking and feeling like a million bucks.
Think: cozy WFH-wear, luxed-up basics, and accessories you might not buy yourself.
Whether you’re an OG part of the SG community, or new around here (welcome!), get ready to knock out your holiday wish list and your shopping list.
Shop under $250 gifts for him:
Knit from bamboo and recycled plastics, these sneakers are super lightweight with a small (carbon) footprint.
Corridor NYC plaid shirt, $225
This overshirt makes us think of that extremely cool paparazzi picture of Brad Pitt smoking on a truck bed.
Smoking? Not #SGapproved. But this look definitely is.
Headed back into the office in the new year? Skip the briefcase and opt for a beeea-uuu-tiful backpack, like this one from Troubadour.
Percival mohair cardigan, $225
How cool is this cardigan?!
Wear it open over a t-shirt, or buttoned all the way to the top for a sexy-smart guy look.
Oliver Cabell suede sneaker, $196
These sneakers remind us of Golden Goose, without the eye-popping price tag.
Wax London marine beatnik overshirt, $210
Another plaid overshirt!
Can’t stop, won’t stop.
Everlane crewneck sweater, $78
A sweater in a solid color is always a solid gift.
And Everlane’s thoughtfully-designed basics often look and feel just as good as what you might find from a higher-end (read: more expensive) brand.
These Blundstone bad boys show why the brand remains a classic after all these years.
If he’s not into fashion, he’ll appreciate the durable functionality of these pull-on boots. And if he is into fashion, he’ll appreciate the IYKYK cool factor.
An essential for any sometimes at the office, sometimes at home wardrobe, this rollneck sweater looks good paired with a suit or jeans.
Or, y’know sweats on a Zoom call.
A really good backpack makes a great gift because, as a guy, you’ll have it forever and use it all the time.
And for the gift giver, they don’t have to worry about getting the size wrong.
This Schott NYC cardigan looks like something your grandfather would have handed down to you from his time fighting in the war.
Functional. Surprisingly fashionable.
These indoor-outdoor slipper boots out here making a solid argument for the title of “greatest thing since sliced bread.”
We never thought we’d recommend anything from Olivers as much as their All Over Shorts.
And yet! The brand’s Bradbury joggers make a good case for spreading the love.
L’Estrange The 24 Trouser, $152
Pants for work that don’t feel like pants for work.
But wait, there’s more!
Shop a few of last year’s best gifts under $250 for him that are still available this holiday season:
1. L.L. Bean duck boots, $139 — If he doesn’t yet have a pair of these iconic boots from the Maine retailer, this is your year to be the (winter weather) hero he needs right now.
2. Alpha Industries flight jacket, $225 — When we think of Alpha Industries, we usually think of their iconic bomber, but we’ve gotta be honest…this barn jacket from the brand truly slaps.
3. Miansai necklace, $125 — If he’s been looking to get out of his fashion comfort zone, a subtle accessory, like this gold chain, could be the perfect place to start.
4. Abercrombie cardigan, $90 — This cozy, patterned cardigan is the kind of thing a man might never buy himself…but will wear the hell out of if it’s in his closet.
5. Puma x Ami sneakers, $120 — Sure you could go with an all-white pair, but the green accents make giving shoes for the holidays feel extra-festive.
6. Portuguese Flannel shirt, $129 — Did we mention we love sticking to festive colors when gift-giving?
7. Express bomber jacket, $248 — When it comes to gifts under $250 for him, the mall is a good place to go.
If you haven’t stepped foot in an Express store in awhile, now’s the time. You’ll find affordable, stylish clothes perfect for millennials (yes, really!) like this cool wool-blend bomber with a sherpa collar.
8. Birkenstock shearling clogs, $170 — Team SG has already made its pro-clog stance clear.
We will not be taking further questions at this time.
9. Nike Tech Fleece joggers, $110 — These structured sweats stay at the top of our list year after year. They come in a ton of colors, and look and feel way more structured than they deserve to.
feature image: @CupofHerbalTea