8 College Wardrobe Essentials
the must-haves in every undergrad's closet
First semester at school can be insanely busy. From going to class to skipping class, and everything in between, you definitely don’t have time to hop on the city bus to head to the one decent mall in town to go shopping. That means you’ll want the perfect pieces already at hand.
These eight college wardrobe essentials will provide countless mix and match opportunities:
1. Dark jeans: Wear with a white t-shirt for 8am class or a button-up for going out.
2. A pack of white t-shirts: Buy in bulk. Wear. Repeat.
3. Button-up shirt: Yes, a stylish button-up is a great “going out” top for guys, but don’t save ’em just for after dark.
4. Jogger sweatpants: You got into college, so yes, you’ve earned the right to wear sweatpants for another few years. I’m not going to take that away from you.
5. Training sneakers: Work off that late-night dollar slice (or three) ((don’t worry, I get it. When they have those huge dispensers of ranch sauce at the counter? I mean, what are you supposed to do?))
6. Desert boots: Knowing you need a pair of desert boots in your closet is what separates a boy from a man. Almost as good as a diploma. Almost.
7. A stylish watch: I wish I didn’t have to say it, but don’t be that guy pulling out your phone in the middle of class to check the time…and your text messages about tonight’s plans. Besides being practical, a nice watch completes any outfit.
8. A backpack: Yes, it’s a necessity, but it still might as well look good.