Outfit of the Week: Friday, March 8, 2013
This week’s #OOTW goes to…reader Brian!
Here’s what Brian had to say about his look:
“Despite the weather forecast for tomorrow, springtime is just around the corner. And now that it’s March in Baltimore, that means some pretty unpredictable and volatile weather, which can definitely make getting dressed in the morning a challenge.Nothing helps me deal with potentially wide temperature swings than some transitional layering. A cold morning commute, afternoon sunshine, or an unexpected warm front: I’m covered.
Brian has a clear point of view when it comes to his personal style, which I love. Plus, he’s a style blogger in his own right (check out Baltimore Style Guy here), so knows a few things about what looks good together.
And obviously – obbbbbviously – I had to give it up for that sweet denim layer poking out from underneath his jacket. Look familiar?
Several readers have asked about the jean jacket I wore under my peacoat in this post, and I’d encourage all of you to try it. The elements should already be in your closet – everyone has a denim jacket stuffed away somewhere, right? And as Brian said, spring is just around the corner. The last thing I want to do when there’s a cold snap is to throw on my heavy winter coat. Layering up with a light(er) jacket and another underneath is perfect for the in-between weather days.
Here’s the deets Brian gave on his layered-up look:
- Heather titanium marled henley
- vintage striped cotton oxford shirt
- british khaki chinos by J.Crew
- Washed denim jacket by Levi’s
- Navy wool upland jacket by Woolrich
- Brown leather plaque belt by J.Crew
- Brown socks by Johnston & Murphy
- Burgundy penny loafers by Bass Weejuns
- Aviator sunglasses by AO Eyewear
- Watch by Timex, Olive and red NATO G10 watch band by J.Crew